I have a few seats left for the workshop in June! Reserve your spot today!
This workshop will not be Photoshop intensive. Instead, this will be geared toward learning the creative process, workflow, and touch on the business side of conceptual portraiture. If you are interested in delving deep into the PS world I will be announcing a Photoshop Master Class very soon!
Conceptual Portraiture: Story-telling through Imagery with Caroline Rutland
June 20-21, 2015 | Nashville, Tennessee | Venue TBA
Who is this workshop for:
- Looking for a way to stand out in a saturated and over-crowded market? Conceptual Portrait is a genre of photography you can truly call your own.
- Bored with traditional portrait photography and need something new and fresh to offer your current clients? Conceptual Portrait is a personalized product your clients will cherish for generations to come.
- Looking for a profitable business model which will allow you to make living doing what you love? Offering Conceptual Portraits can double and possibly even triple your average sale.
If you can identify with any of these statements, then this workshop is for you!
What you will learn:
- How to plan, set-up and execute a conceptual portrait from concept to post-production
- How to incorporate conceptual portraits into your existing business
- How to create reusable conceptual portrait templates you can sell to multiple clients
- How to boost your creativity using a technique to search out and apply creative connections in the world around you
- How to interview your clients, find out about their personalities and interests, in order to create amazing, one-of-a-kind conceptual portraits, just for them.
- How to create limited-edition prints for galleries and online sales. (How to price, where to print, edition sizes, etc…)
- Marketing techniques to generate a demand for your conceptual portraits and encourage repeat business
- How to create and find stock photography for use in your conceptual portraits
- Learn the principles of light and shadow and essential Photoshop techniques
- Learn to create props and “one size fits all” costumes, that can be used with multiple clients
- Posing and body-language is vital to the success of your image. Learn how to coach your models and clients into the poses you need
Walk away with a conceptual portrait template you can offer to your clients immediately!
Limited Seating: only 6 spots left!
$450.00 per person
50.00 Non-Refundable Registration Fee is required to reserve your seat. Registration fee will be applied toward your final balance. Workshop must be paid in full by May 31, 2015.
What you will need:
- Photoshop C5 or higher – (You will need a good working knowledge of Photoshop’s menus and tools: where they are and what they do)
- Digital Tablet (preferred but not required)
- Personal Computer
- Camera and a 55-70mm lens (any lens in this range will do, including prime lenses)
Keep learning and keep #SharingItForward!
Want to join the “Sharing It Forward” community? Register to receive all the stock, blog posts, tutorials, tips and tricks delivered right to your in box so you don’t miss a thing! All community members will receive a free stock pack of Butterflies you can use freely in your conceptual portraits. No restrictions.
Want to contribute? Shoot me an email! firstname.lastname@example.org – I’m always looking for like-minded artists who are willing to share what they have learned. If it is something we have not covered before I will share it on this blog, with a link back to your portfolio, website and social media! Up-Coming Workshops & Speaking Engagements: Conceptual Portraiture Workshop | Nashville, TN | June 20-21, 2015